Saturday, May 8, 2010

Letter from fnlydn

Okay, Editor, this was a busy week. So, this may be a lengthy letter. But here goes nothing.

Let's start off with Senior Exams. On Wednesday I had Civics and Religion, or as I like to call it: "Waste of time" and "Who cares?". It's really sad that I didn't study at all for these two exams. It's like, I wanted to care. I really did, but I just couldn't. This Senioritis thing became a huge obstacle in the end. The exams went generally well I think. After the exams, we had Graduation practice. It took the class like 40 minutes to line up and sit down in their seats. That's pathetic. I mean, I know we're not the most organized and functional class, but we should be able to handle something as simple as that. That people that made it difficult weren't the two girls in charge. It was the idiots that would try to take over and order everybody around in an unorganized fashion. These students being the apathetic jerks in and out of the classroom. So this was the most miserable hour and a half of my life. Plus our principal had to point it out when she made her way up there that we took longer than any other class. I was so relieved when we finally left.

Thursday I had my Theatre exam. This was a scene from The Tempest. Act II Scene ii. This was tough, considering it was my first time working with Shakespeare on stage. However, once we really dug into it and I understood the meaning of every line, I was able to truly enjoy myself. It's a funny scene, too. Anyway, the scene went moderately well considering a few dropped lines (not on my part, just saying). It was fun. We received a 96 for our performance. Not bad, I think. So after the exams we had a second Graduation practice. This time, everyone got to their seats and were quite before the tardy bell rang for the underclassmen's next period. Principal was impressed. This practice didn't take nearly as long, so I was quite happy about that.

Friday was Senior Day. We all met at the JCC pool for 10 AM. It was so pleasant. The weather was perfect. And, I got a ton of pictures. I didn't think I was going to swim, but I ended up getting in the pool. Everyone was getting along and being friendly. At around noon, we walked back over to the school yard to have some crawfish. They weren't fantastic, but they were still yummy. (Btw, the computer just said I spelled "crawfish" incorrectly. Apparently, Firefox was made in the north.) After that, we had some time to kill, so about ten of us went over to Johnny's house to chill. I LOVE his place. It's retro, but really nice and modern at the same time. I'm moving in with him. Period. End of story. :) So we got back to school around 2 for the Senior-Faculty basketball game. It was so much fun! Of course, we got beat by the faculty. That happens every year though. They cheat, but that's what makes it funny!

So today is Saturday. This morning we had the Senior Awards Breakfast. It was nice, at the Rose Garden. Nothing was really all that unexpected. I received the awards I assumed I would receive. There's nothing wrong with that, though. I am perfectly content with what was awarded and who it was awarded to. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have hoped, though :\. So tonight, I went on a long overdue date with my girlfriend, Tiffany. I picked her up, and we went to eat at Applebee's. We talked about our summer plans and how we would get a puppy. Even though we know that wont happen. After we finished eating, we went over to the theater to see Iron Man 2, which was pretty good. Even though this doesn't sound like a truly romantic evening, it was. I don't know why, but it was perfect. She's amazing. I love her so much and just being around her is enough for me. I don't ever want to let that go.

So, editor, I'm almost out of high school. No more class for me, but I have yet to graduate. By the way, graduation is next Thursday. I'm super excited. Thanks for listening to my play-by-play events of these past few days. Write to you later!

Sincerely,

fnlydn

No comments:

Post a Comment