Saturday, May 15, 2010

Letter from thegraduate

Okay, so it is due time for me to write another letter. Let's update with what happened throughout the week, shall we?

Well, on Monday, I went to work on the yearbook at school, then went to have some coffee with friends. Marissa came in town for a few days and we got to spend a little time with her. It was really fun. I miss that group of friends a lot, actually. So, that night the same group (besides Marissa, who had to catch her flight back to LA) went over to Jesse's to play beer pong. Needless to say, we all got a little messed up. It was so much fun though. Everyone was pretty much being completely stupid. It's what we do.

So Tuesday was pretty uneventful, so I'll skip that. Wednesday, we had our final graduation practice. It took FOREVERRRR. The good part was, once it was over with, we all went over to my house for a swim party!! This was a lot of fun and was a huge success. Once people finished swimming, a few of the guys played a huge game of Brawl. Greatest thing ever. I'm not the only nerd! haha. So once the party was pretty much over, something absolutely amazing happened. MY NEW LAPTOP CAME IN! There was still like 3 people there to help me test it out. Mom and Dad decided to surprise me with the touchscreen feature. I feel like I have my own personal SmartBoard. So we left to go hang out in Timberlane, and the night just went on in a strange manner.

Thursday was the day. Graduation. Woke up at like 12. Left the house at 2. Well, needless to say it was a great ceremony. I ended up winning the "Sedes Sapientiae" Award. Which means "Seat of Wisdom." The greatest part about this award is the fact that it's not a plaque or anything. But it's a watch. Like a nice one, too. I'm excited because now I have something I can use, but it has a story behind it! Anyway, I'm glad to have finally graduated. Though I will miss De La Salle very much, it's time to move on for a while.

Well, that night was supposed to be the fun part of everything. Apparently, Tucks had organized to have a discount for all De La Salle graduates. And since it was Thirsty Thursday, that would have been like $.25 drinks. Well, once we got there, they started pulling out college back up on us. Even though they did it like every fifth person. They were simply being retarded. I give up on people. We tried to go to the Frat, but the line was ridiculous. Then back to Tucks to try again which didn't work. Eventually, we all ended up at McGuire's. I thoroughly enjoyed this, though some people were bitching about the kind of place it was. Which I didn't understand. I mean, we tried two other places and we couldn't get in, so just deal with what we can get. Make the best of what you have instead of lingering on the negative. I was perfectly content with sitting at a bar and having a few drinks. As far as I could see, there was nothing wrong with this place. Some people aggravate the hell out of me, but what can you do?

All in all, I thought the night went pretty well. Could have been better, since we ended up sleeping in my car. But I found it to be a good overall experience.

So, Editor, this concludes my letter. It's not my best work, I'll admit. I'm a little off my game today. But hey, some things just need to be done, eh?

Sincerely,

thegraduate

No comments:

Post a Comment