Monday, May 17, 2010

Letter from rdy2mngl

Hey there, Editor. So this letter isn't going to cover as much ground as usual letters, but it will go into greater detail and ranting. So yesterday was quite an eventful day. First off, I went to Jessica's graduation party. I was like one of the few white people there. But hey, that's New Orleans. The food was fantastic, too! Well the time came during the night for friends and family to say a few words. Well, one of Jessica's little cousins (I think) sang a song for her. She's ten years old. I have never seen so much talent in someone so young. I almost cried. It makes me really happy too see the youth taking advantage of the time they have and investing it in discovering their God given talents.

Anyway, after I left the party, I went to meet up with people at Alexis' house. We all got in two cars and left for the Frat House. This was where the Dominican graduation party was being held. The people at the door were being serious assholes, though. Like, I borrowed Lance's ID to get in, but it had two holes in it. So the guy wasn't sure if he was going to accept it. He just asked me to stand on the side and wait, so I did. Eventually, another guy came over and looked at the ID and was like "This doesn't look like you." So I'm thinking, "Shit, I'm going to have to leave and figure out what the hell my friends are going to do for a ride home." Well, eventually they were just like "Fuck it" and let me in. Thank god!

Once I was in, I really wasn't enjoying myself. I mean, I went to another bar a few days earlier and I really enjoyed myself. But this place was different. It was more crowded and kind of like a dance club. To say the least, it was SO eastbank. For like two hours, I was just standing by my friends while they danced it up. I could literally feel the westbank side of me oozing out of my pores. I felt so out of place. Finally, after a few drinks, I began to loosen up and dance a little. After a few more drinks, I started seriously dancing. The weird part about being at this place, though, is that I saw people that I hadn't seen in years. And not just the fact that I hadn't seen them in a while, but I grew up with these people. It was quite interesting. So when they saw me, they were like "CHAASEE!!" It was pretty funny.

So we stayed at the Frat House for a good 5 hours. I drank probably way too much. OH! I forgot to tell you. My sister showed up there too. Talk about awkward. I feel like she was keeping an eye on me the whole night. But I mean, she was taking care of me in a way. I love her. So anyway, we got back to Alexis' house and kinda chilled there for like 5 minutes. I found out that her new boy, Jonathan, is a type 1 diabetic. I feel like I know the kid now since my brother is a type 1 diabetic. Of course, that's not a legit reason to know someone. Whatever. So I ended up driving home :\ . I got home fine though. Of course my parents were waiting up for me... I'll talk about that in the next paragraph.

Okay, so they were waiting up for me. They were pissed that I got home so late and that I was drinking. They could apparently tell. But really? I'm almost 18 and I'm about to go off to college. It's not like they will be able to control everything I do. They even took away my keys. Umm, I kind of need those. Especially since they want me to get a job and everything. Good luck with that guys. I mean, I know they're trying to look out for me and trying to teach me the dangers of drunk driving. And I really understand that. But the reason I do that is because they make it hard to tell them that I'm drinking in the first place. I don't want them to think poorly of me, but I'm a high school graduate, damnit. I will drink. It's that simple. My sister starting going out to clubs in her sophomore year. It's due time that I have some damn fun. I'm sick of them treating me like a baby. I know I have a lot to learn, but they need to get over that fact that I am a typical teenaged boy. I'm honestly just sick of them.

Oh, and did I mention? I'm single. This time I think it's final. I think the reason we got back together was because it was difficult seeing her everyday without being together. But now that it's summer, I realize that. And I'm ready to be single and try new things. I want to accept myself as being a bisexual male. And I'm done hiding that. I honestly don't care who knows because it's nothing to hide. It's who I am and I'm absolutely proud of it. I'm ready for whatever the world has for me and I will approach it in a positive way. I'm ready. Bring it on, world.

So, Editor. Those last few paragraphs were a bit ranty. But hey, that's kind of my thing. I hope you enjoyed this letter as much as I enjoyed last night. Write you again soon. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

rdy2mngl

No comments:

Post a Comment