Good evening, Editor. I'm sorry to disturb you at such a late hour, but I'm a little frazzled. It may be due to the fact that I forgot to take my medicine last night, but regardless, I'm frazzled. Why? Well, simply because somebody known to me as "Dad" is aggravating the hell out of me. This is going to be a ranty letter, so be ready.
Okay, so tonight was the softball scrimmage with the Old Lady Diamonds versus the New Lady Diamonds. It was fun, really. That's not the point, though. Afterward, we went to Applebee's. (It's kind of a tradition.) During that time, Dad decides to randomly pop out and say "Chase, you need to shave." I really don't know why this put me off the edge, but it did. I didn't say anything to him; I simply ignored the comment and went on with my conversation with my mother.
See, it's just this thing with him. He has to point out anything and everything I do wrong. He criticizes my every move. Half of it is being a father and looking out for me, I know that. I really do. But he's an ass about it. for instance, I want to be a teacher. However, my dad doesn't like that idea because he doesn't want me to zero in on one career. He wants me to have options. But really, what the hell is wrong with knowing exactly what you want to do? I don't care that you want me to be a engineer. I don't care about the "potential" I have. I want to be a teacher, so I would appreciate it if you would shut the fuck up and let me live my goddamn life!
It's not only that. If you remember from my last letter, I told you how he "punished" me. I have to be home before dark. SERIOUSLY!? How old am I? Twelve? I'm seventeen years old. Might I add, I will be eighteen in about a week. There's no reason for me to be punished. Sorry, father, but I'm a big boy now. I'm sick of you telling me what to do.
On the way home from Applebee's, I thought out what I would say if I were ever to go off on my dad. It was pretty harsh, what was happening in my head. I'm just honestly sick of him. He's always tried to push me to be who he wants me to be. I don't care what he wants. My life is not about pleasing his sorry ass anymore. I'm done with that. I know what I want to do. He may think I'm like him, but I'm not. I'm an adult now and I am going to do what I want. I'm not him, I'm me. My own person, my own personality. And I have different tastes than he does. What's next? If I buy a shirt he doesn't like, will he tell me not to wear it? Fuck that. I need to stand up for myself and tell him that I'm not taking his shit anymore. I'm sick of bowing down to his needs.
Anyway, sorry about that. I just really needed to rant about that. I'm just so tense right now. Maybe a hot bath? Eh, we'll see. Thank you for just listening Editor. Even though you don't say much, just the fact that you listen makes me feel a whole lot better.
Sincerely,
FckHm
No comments:
Post a Comment